HPA

Events & Competitions - All Model Categories => Postal & E-Postal Competitions => Topic started by: MEETOO on Jul 31, 2026, 01:37 AM

Title: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: MEETOO on Jul 31, 2026, 01:37 AM
I seem to remember flying mine a few times on the first Saturday of the month of August. Mine is ready to go up at 1100 am in San Antonio,Texas. We really needed a reminder from somebody else but here I am getting ready for a test flying session and then I look up on the wall a see the very patient Cloud Tramp hanging up there. Wow since mine is over 20 years old , I think it deserves to leave the room and stretch its legs again.

Anybody else want to try ?  Lets GO   
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: cvasec on Jul 31, 2026, 11:58 AM
All set, here in UK.
Ron
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: Squirrelnet on Jul 31, 2026, 12:00 PM
And here at Oxford too. Our mass launch will at 12:00pm UK time
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: JohnOSullivan on Jul 31, 2026, 05:14 PM
We will have three people out at 1pm in Halifax Nova Scotia for the Cloud tramp event.
John O'Sullivan
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: MEETOO on Aug 01, 2026, 01:03 AM
I still plan to have a go just for the fun of it.Thanks for your responses.  Still have to get it down from the afore mentioned wall hanger.
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: Pulserudder on Aug 01, 2026, 02:10 PM
I've seen reminders for the Cloud Tramp launch on several other online sites including Endless Lift, who seem to serve as the recorders.

I plan to launch a 50% size "peanut scale" Cloud Tramp 12:00 pm eastern time here in the southeast US. Bill Hannan, one of my modeling heroes, flew a similar peanut scale Cloud Tramp for many years.

Cheers to Charlie Grant and his incredible influence on our hobby and good flights all around the world.
Title: Re: Cloud Tramp Annual Fly day
Post by: MEETOO on Aug 01, 2026, 07:17 PM
I did it on time and on schedule. Hand wound and turned it loose right after the Dragonflies flew over the play area which was just mowed a day ago. Really still like watching all the bugs fly and then here I came. Birds were watching too, tho from nearby trees. I still did my normal 20 seconds. Gotta keep it out of the trees and swimming pool.  Allen Shields in San Antonio,Texas.