HPA

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: marcin_pl on Sep 25, 2026, 02:47 PM

Title: Walt Mooney
Post by: marcin_pl on Sep 25, 2026, 02:47 PM
Hi,

I like to wander around plans on Outerzone. Today a thought crossed my mind: is there any plane around the world and in history which has not been drawn as a model by Walt Mooney ;-)
Title: Re: Walt Mooney
Post by: Stunthenk on Sep 25, 2026, 05:48 PM
Eh, Koolhoven FK.43 and Fokker F.VIIa?
Title: Re: Walt Mooney
Post by: lincoln on Sep 29, 2026, 11:02 PM
Spirit SE-1.    (https://generalaviationnews.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2025/09/Spirit-SE6-InFlight.jpg)
It's too bad he wasn't actually around for it. Someone should draw a plan. Especially for people who don't like modern civil aircraft. ;-) For them, at least for those who like biplanes, there is also the Flitzer. (https://thumb.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/VH-SFF_Flitzer_at_Serpentine_in_June_2011_%285915655424%29.jpg/1920px-VH-SFF_Flitzer_at_Serpentine_in_June_2011_%285915655424%29.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=parser&utm_content=thumbnail)
Sadly, I don't think there's a Mooney plan for that one, either.

The Caproni Ca-60 has been modeled, but, to my knowledge, not by Walt.
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/CaproniCa.60.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=parser&utm_content=thumbnail_unscaled)
I have a vague memory of a plan for rubber. I doubt it was serious.
--------
Incidentally, another prolific designer of peanut scale models was Emmanuel Fillon.
https://www.peanut-scale.fr/plans.html (https://www.peanut-scale.fr/plans.html)
https://outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=designerID:105
Title: Re: Walt Mooney
Post by: lincoln on Sep 30, 2026, 12:07 AM
I don't know if ANYONE has modeled the Fokker V.8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_V.8#/media/File:Zijaanzicht_van_de_Fokker_V.8_vijfdekker_(2161_026102).jpg
Title: Re: Walt Mooney
Post by: g_kandylakis on Sep 30, 2026, 02:07 AM
Quote from: lincoln on Sep 29, 2026, 11:02 PMThe Caproni Ca-60 has been modeled, but, to my knowledge, not by Walt.
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/CaproniCa.60.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=parser&utm_content=thumbnail_unscaled)
I have a vague memory of a plan for rubber. I doubt it was serious.

Oh, it was serious all right  ;D ... As a peanut by Carlo Godel who used the "Velivoli" name for his "company", in 1980.

On the plan he wrote the model did manage to fly for 10 seconds... quite an achievement given the configuration... And the fact that the original (the big one) only flew for 6 seconds.

I got my copy from Carlo in the late 80s. Scanned and added it to the Plans Gallery

https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/details.php?image_id=2203
Title: Re: Walt Mooney
Post by: lincoln on Oct 04, 2026, 11:17 AM
I don't think that's the plan I saw, but I could be wrong. Somewhere around here, I have a newsletter with a ridiculous plan in it. It might even be for the Ca.60. The newsletter editor said that the first person to break a minute would get his Camaro.