HPA

Scale Free Flight Forum => Peanut Scale => Topic started by: Steve79 on Sep 28, 2026, 10:37 PM

Title: Sopwith Camel
Post by: Steve79 on Sep 28, 2026, 10:37 PM
Built to my plans. I used the "Albatros Publications" book as my reasearch. No flights yet.
Title: Re: Soopwith Camel
Post by: g_kandylakis on Sep 29, 2026, 02:02 AM
Very nice Steve!

More information regarding size and weight please...

Do you want me to correct the subject title?
Title: Re: Soopwith Camel
Post by: Piecost on Sep 29, 2026, 05:18 AM
Looking good. I look forward to flight reports. The plan looks neat and suitable for the plans section!
Title: Re: Soopwith Camel
Post by: pb_guy on Sep 29, 2026, 07:39 AM
Looking Good!  Especially with all the bracing wires in place!!!
ian
Title: Re: Soopwith Camel
Post by: Steve79 on Sep 29, 2026, 11:24 PM
OMG! I meant Sopwith, what a dope! Sorry, yes change it if you can g_kandylakis. I recovering from an Hernia operation and can't go down stairs to my work bench yet. It's 13 inch span. I'll get the weight next couple of days and report.

The balance CG came out pretty much where I predicted, so we'll see.
Title: Re: Sopwith Camel
Post by: g_kandylakis on Sep 30, 2026, 12:15 AM
Subject title corrected...

So, a peanut! Even better... (Stupid me... it IS in the peanuts board)

George
Title: Re: Soopwith Camel
Post by: Jmk89 on Sep 30, 2026, 12:51 AM
Quote from: Steve79 on Sep 29, 2026, 11:24 PMOMG! I meant Sopwith, what a dope! Sorry, yes change it if you can g_kandylakis. I recovering from an Hernia operation and can't go down stairs to my work bench yet. It's 13 inch span. I'll get the weight next couple of days and report.

The balance CG came out pretty much where I predicted, so we'll see.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Title: Re: Sopwith Camel
Post by: Skyraider on Sep 30, 2026, 07:03 PM
Steve79,
 Awesome job!

Skyraider
Title: Re: Sopwith Camel
Post by: Steve79 on Oct 01, 2026, 01:07 AM
Weighed it doday and it was 26 oz. Kind of a led sled I guess. But with that scale nose moment I'll take it. I left all the control surface rigging off 'till I get the CG and decalage right.
Title: Re: Sopwith Camel
Post by: Stunthenk on Oct 01, 2026, 11:30 AM
26 ounces? Grams perhaps?
Title: Re: Sopwith Camel
Post by: Steve79 on Oct 04, 2026, 10:34 PM
Yes, 26 grams. Don't know whats wrong with me these days.IMG_1859.jpeg