HPA

Events & Competitions - All Model Categories => Event - Announcements & Reports => Topic started by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 08:49 PM

Title: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 08:49 PM
Today was the last Lodge Farm of the year. The forecast wasn't very promising until the last minute and may have put some off as only 5 of us rocked up for the FF2 Flying Only . 3 of us double entered so the number of models was actually quite healthy

I nearly didn't go myself having seen the 10 mph+ winds forecast a few days before but by Saturday it had dropped to under 10 and a near calm start and it proved well worth the 2 hr drive up to Sleaford in patchy fog

I have some pics and video from both me and Pete Fardell but that will be tomorrow now.

I think Pete has the results but spoiler he won the kit scale element with Andrew Hewitt taking overall winner with his Moraine

Pics

1- this why I like Lodge so much... spot the cars parked in the corner of the field

2-3 Pete and Andrew Hewitt fettling

4 - Mike and Phil Smith's models for the day



Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 09:02 PM
Some of my fleet for the day

Piper Clipper and Miles Falcon both the rubber power

The falcon flew beautifully in pre comp trimming flight so I changed nothing ...the Falcon had other ideas and misbehaved for all 4 comp flights with just being passable and enough for 3rd place

To add insult to injury I damaged the fuselage on the winding stooge!!!

It was a similar story with the normally well behaved Cessna which did a lovely trimming flight then sulked for the comp with a nice flight again once it was over

All this sounds like I should be disappointed but I am very much not it was a wonderful day with some very nice fellow aeromodellers flying our models in the open Lincolnshire countryside, what more do want
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 09:09 PM
After the comp the wind increased a bit to around 10 mph and I got the Tomboy out

Here's Phil's Smith Lacey form the Andy Septon Aerographics kit. Phil got a well deserved 2nd place with it

Mike Smith's lovely HP400 now with rudder only RC and Gyro

Mike's venerable Tiger Moth
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 09:13 PM
Mike's new Parnel Elf... the grass was too short for such bravery

Phil's new Sopwith Dolphin ... er ditto

Phil did have his ebenezer Hilson Hurricane which he did bravely try but the thought of longer grass next year was too much

Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 09:14 PM
And finally the happy winners

Andrew Hewitt winner of the Gold Award

and Pete Fardell who won the Kit Scale element of the competition
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 04, 2026, 09:17 PM
I have some video which I'll post on youtube tomorrow morning but just to prove some things I brought did actually fly here's a screenshot from one of Pete's videos. The best flight of the Falcon all day and before the competition started  ;D ...apparently frowning at the model makes fly better
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: ZIP.58 on Oct 04, 2026, 10:02 PM
Great photos from what looks like an equally great gathering. It's not about the number of participants—the atmosphere and camaraderie are what matter most.

Greetings from Switzerland,
Peter

P.S. We're having our fall gathering next Saturday; I'll be sure to report on it.
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Pete Fardell on Oct 04, 2026, 11:59 PM
Thanks Chris,
Yes, a very good day. I was quite chuffed with the Jodel: 2nd overall and the Kit Scale win (largely thanks to the increased tip dihedral I think, which made it altogether more amenable).
Some more pics...
-Chris's Clipper and Falcon (both rubber)
-My Jodel and Bleriot
-Mike fettling his Tiger Moth amid the Smith Brothers' combined fleet
-Andy Hewitt with his Fokker and Morane power models
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Stunthenk on Oct 05, 2026, 12:02 AM
Lovely pictures of a lovely day! And the Falcon looks particularly attractive. I would have loved to attend but I had a wonderfull day at Herentals in Belgium with a control line event in unseasonably great flying weather. We did some simple racing with training models powered by 2,5 cc OS glow engines. Lots of fun but getting them to start when hot.....
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Pete Fardell on Oct 05, 2026, 12:03 AM
And finally a rather boasty shot of my Jodel with its spoils. (Shameless, I know!)

Thanks as ever to Mike Smith for running things with his usual good natured efficiency!
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Pete Fardell on Oct 05, 2026, 12:27 AM
And one more again ...
Chris Brainwood's marvellous Dastardly and Muttleynezer!
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 05, 2026, 10:26 AM
There's now a short video on Youtube of the days flying

Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Squirrelnet on Oct 05, 2026, 10:33 AM
Results from Mike Smith :-)
Title: Re: Lodge Farm FF Scale 4-10-26
Post by: Jmk89 on Oct 05, 2026, 10:50 AM
Looks like another fun day in Leicestershire.