HPA

Scale Free Flight Forum => No-Cal => Topic started by: 9600baud on Oct 10, 2026, 12:07 PM

Title: PZL-106 Kruk, profile model
Post by: 9600baud on Oct 10, 2026, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,

here are a couple of pictures of my latest profile model, a PZL-106 Kruk (raven). It's a polish crop duster.

I found the plan in an old issue of vol-libre, issue 54, here: https://www.peanut-scale.fr/vol-libre/A4/VolLibre-54.pdf

I have a sweet spot for crop duster so I decided to try to build a profile model of it. The plan is for a peanut and the scan is not the best but I could work with it. I didn't find any reference of a model build from this plan.

Very good pictures of a restored aircraft can be found here: https://muzeumlotnictwa.pl/en/exhibits/pzl-106-kruk-prototyp-2/

It's again, made from 2.5 mm and 1.5 mm foam and a 3 mm square motor stick.
Wingspan is 290 mm (11.4") and it weighs 5.4 g with a short 1/16" motor.
Trimming was a bit difficult, probably because of the short fuselage and relatively small stabilizers. After a bit of fiddeling it flies OK for me. The landing is another "problem", it has no glide.

Here is a short video:

All in all, I'm quite happy how it turned out.

Cheers
Alex

Title: Re: PZL-106 Kruk, profile model
Post by: 9600baud on Oct 10, 2026, 12:08 PM
and one more ...