News:

Hip Pocket Aeronautics Plans Gallery up again:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/index.php

Main Menu
Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 356
  • Latest: I-Fly
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,164
  • Total Topics: 437
  • Online today: 45
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online

Recent topics

Sopwith Camel

Started by Steve79, Sep 28, 2026, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steve79

Built to my plans. I used the "Albatros Publications" book as my reasearch. No flights yet.

g_kandylakis

Very nice Steve!

More information regarding size and weight please...

Do you want me to correct the subject title?

Piecost

Looking good. I look forward to flight reports. The plan looks neat and suitable for the plans section!

pb_guy

#3
Looking Good!  Especially with all the bracing wires in place!!!
ian

Steve79

OMG! I meant Sopwith, what a dope! Sorry, yes change it if you can g_kandylakis. I recovering from an Hernia operation and can't go down stairs to my work bench yet. It's 13 inch span. I'll get the weight next couple of days and report.

The balance CG came out pretty much where I predicted, so we'll see.

g_kandylakis

Subject title corrected...

So, a peanut! Even better... (Stupid me... it IS in the peanuts board)

George

Jmk89

Quote from: Steve79 on Sep 29, 2026, 11:24 PMOMG! I meant Sopwith, what a dope! Sorry, yes change it if you can g_kandylakis. I recovering from an Hernia operation and can't go down stairs to my work bench yet. It's 13 inch span. I'll get the weight next couple of days and report.

The balance CG came out pretty much where I predicted, so we'll see.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

Skyraider

Steve79,
 Awesome job!

Skyraider

Steve79

#8
Weighed it doday and it was 26 oz. Kind of a led sled I guess. But with that scale nose moment I'll take it. I left all the control surface rigging off 'till I get the CG and decalage right.

Stunthenk

26 ounces? Grams perhaps?

Steve79

Yes, 26 grams. Don't know whats wrong with me these days.IMG_1859.jpeg