Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,154
  • Total Topics: 437
  • Online today: 44
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 25
  • Jmk89

Recent topics

What did you do aeroplane wise today?

Started by TheLurker, Dec 26, 2025, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Squirrelnet

#270
Try this....

The link was to the Youtube Studio edit page of Youtube. I removed the 'studio' and the '/edit' part of the address to get to actual clip . You need to make the link of the clip away from Studio or use the 'share' option on the bottom of the clip and choose copy url


Very nice fight Bill

Spiros


OZPAF

Steady under power and the glide - don't touch anything Bill :)

John

cvasec

I wish my first flights were as good as that.
Ron

Prosper

That was a first flight? Amazing, Bill. Congrats.

What I've done aeroplane-wise today is to ponder how to make exhaust pipes for a 1/24 scale DH Mosquito. No luck. TBH this is what I've done aeroplane-wise for a good few days now. There are many variations of exhaust-stack during the Mosquito's relatively short career, and I think the individual aircraft I've chosen to represent has the most difficult to model.

Of course there's the stipulation that the pipes must weigh 0.0g each ;).

Stephen.

dputt7


Sorry Bill I replied last night but obviously I forgot to press post. You would have to be pleased with that graceful flight, well done!

billdennis747

Thanks all. Yes I was pleased but has anyone noticed that a model flying on video is much faster and with a lot more dihedral than in real time?! You can't beat a big, light HWM (of any hue).

Stunthenk

Today at the field in Almere, Netherlands we had our twice yearly control line get together. This 'happening' is not being organised, like a competition for example, but it 'takes place'. Everybody with an interest in control line  flying is welcome. We started this in the 1990's as a sort of national club flying session, because there were no model clubs with more than a single or a few CL flyers. It is now an established event on the agenda, with a regular attendance between 40 and 50 participants and visitors. It has yielded a number of retreads, people who have re-entered the hobby that they pursued as a child. For some pictures, see: https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/lijnbesturingsdagen-almere-2026.294867/page-3

OZPAF

That looked like fun Stunthenk.

John

Squirrelnet

A spot of flying on Port Meadow today with a few others. I managed to post some not very exciting times in our P30/Coupe postal - In a prime example of not wearing my glasses I miss set the d/t and came down halfway through what could have been a decent flight  ???

There's a short video here of some of the other flights including Alan Smith's remarkable OD RC flying wing. It uses twin electric motors for power, is mostly 3d printed and can VTOL. Here it's being tested in conventional mode with an undercarriage fitted, normally it takes off vertically from Alan's hand


Squirrelnet

A nice ride up to Old Warden today, it's always good to catch up with whats going on. The Comet wing is now being stripped after it's flip over early last month and both DH60's are now stripped and under restoration. G-EBWD is just being recovered and can be seen in the doorway behind the Chipmonk with it's fuselage on it's side after spraying with silver dope but G-EBLV is having more extensive work. The Cambridge Tigers were in for a service too, it always amazes me how little actually holds the engine to the airframe - no hardwood engine bearers there  :o

THB

My Potez 33 Peanut suffered another longeron failure a while back - too soft wood I guess! Anyway, gave it a go to try straighten it out - by cutting tissue from the bottom of fuselage so it's less visible - and pushing in some stays. So far so good, but the repairs are making the overall weight go up. Tim

THB

Had an opportunity to try out some indoor flights for a trip to the AUS Nationals... I've left my run a bit late... I've entered Hangar Rat and Peanut (of course) and outdoor scale. Today I tested a new Rat with mixed results. Won't climb under full turns but then opens up and flys well after that. Think maybe the stick is a bit soft and full winds is pulling in some downthrust... Peanuts: Batwing went terrible. Flew like a Bat as usual... not helpful in a competition environment... Potez went very well despite obesity issues and multiple repairs. Some brief Rat film (not as entertaining as George's tho)
Some Rat flying here.

g_kandylakis

Tim,
That looks like a very light model. Definitely a slow flyer. What is the weight and the usual / max duration you get out of it?

George