News:

Hip Pocket Aeronautics Plans Gallery up again:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/index.php

Main Menu
Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,212
  • Total Topics: 439
  • Online today: 50
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online

Recent topics

Hat Band

Started by Jmk89, Jul 06, 2026, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jmk89

This is a picture from AeroModeller May 1967 page 15 of JOD holding Hatband in his right hand and Frank Monts' Chicken Coop in his left.

I don't have the original issue of AM (this photo is taken from the copy of AM in the Plans Gallery).  I wondered whether anyone has that issue and if so:

  • could they look at the photo and see if it is clearer in the original as published  and
  • if it is, could they scan the photo at high resolution and send me a copy?
I'm particularly trying to understand where the fin is located.  Sometimes when I look at the photo, I think the fin is stuck to the inside of the starboard side (but that would make the plane turn left, which John didn't approve of), at other times I think it is stuck in the middle of the fuselage pointing straight forward.

This is the clearest photo I have of this point....
Many thanks in advance
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

Jmk89

OOps - I forgot the photo
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

billdennis747

I've got a scan but don't know how to attach to a PM, so pm me your email address and I'll send it. To be honest I don't think it adds much but it looks to me like the fin is centrally mounted, as you would expect.
Bill

Jmk89

Bill's scan came through and clarifies that the fin is mounted along the fuselage centre line. Many thanks Bill
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown