News:

Hip Pocket Aeronautics Plans Gallery up again:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/index.php

Main Menu
Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,179
  • Total Topics: 438
  • Online today: 38
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 27
  • lincoln

Recent topics

JOD's Better series

Started by Jmk89, Sep 24, 2026, 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Julio

Jeremy

Thanks for your work in compiling all that valuable material and persistence in making it available to all the members here. Many thanks again.

Julio
I think I will stay a novice forever.

Jmk89

Thanks George for oofle dusting the upload!

Link to the book:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/details.php?image_id=2204
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

dputt7

Another vote of thanks Jeremy, now all I have to do is read it and   then remember it.

RolandD6

Yes, thank you Jeremy for doing this.

I downloaded it yesterday and had a quick flip through. Will look at it properly later.

Paul

billdennis747

#19
I think that's John's final 50g model with which he won the Nationals and retired at the top. I was helping him retrieve and we couldn't find it after the flyoff. Next morning we got a signal and John stayed by his car while I traipsed around a field and found it. After a damp night the structure was 'compromised' and I clumsily let the wing fold in the wind. His reaction was admirably restrained!
PS it won't open for me

TheLurker

Excellent.  Thanks very much Jeremy.
Ένας χωρίς μια ιδέα ή, αν προτιμάτε, clueless  :)

Jmk89

Quote from: billdennis747 on Oct 01, 2026, 10:09 PMPS it won't open for me

Hmmmm. I don't know why that is (not) happening, Bill. I didn't do anything deliberately at this end to make it 'secure'.
If you can't fix it, send me a PM with any details if the problem and I'll see what I can do. But I'm no ''puter expert, I just click and hope.

Anyone else having problems?
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

billdennis747

The two download buttons are faint, don't turn into hands and don't do owt.

calgoddard

Jeremy -

Thanks for making up the John O'Donnell book. I was able to download it from the HPA plans gallery using the link you provided. I glanced at a few of the articles on better props. They are excellent. John was a gifted engineer and probably one of the great all-time free flight modelers in UK history. I was saddened when I  heared a few years ago that he had passed.

Jmk89

Quote from: billdennis747 on Oct 01, 2026, 11:44 PMThe two download buttons are faint, don't turn into hands and don't do owt.
That sounds like you haven't been able to download it from the Plans Gallery. Which suggests to me that you haven't logged in to the Plans Gallery and just have read-only access to it.

If you haven't logged in, use the login in the top LH corner and the buttons should become active.

Have you  joined the Plans Gallery? It has been set up so that you have to join the Gallery as well as the main Forum site (although only members of the forum site can join the Plan Gallery site).

I hope that helps
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

Jmk89

Quote from: dputt7 on Oct 01, 2026, 05:15 PMAnother vote of thanks Jeremy, now all I have to do is read it and  then remember it.
Having all the stuff collected in one place may mean that when you know that John said something about a subject, it will be easier to find it in the book than by flipping through 20 something magazines.

Also the pdf should be text searchable - at least I intended it to be so. If it isn't I'll upload a text searchable version as well.

Number one task for me is to make one or more jigs of the kind John describes for bending Tim Grey rubber hooks. The idea of the removable mandrel is genius.
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

Jmk89

Quote from: Jmk89 on Oct 02, 2026, 01:51 AMAlso the pdf should be text searchable .

I've just checked and the original version of the book on my computer is text searchable, so hopefully that will apply to any copies downloaded from the Plans Gallery
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

billdennis747

Quote from: Jmk89 on Oct 02, 2026, 01:42 AMThat sounds like you haven't been able to download it from the Plans Gallery. Which suggests to me that you haven't logged in to the Plans Gallery and just have read-only access to it.

Yes that's it. It seems to have jumped out. Now it isn't accepting my details and I can't check my username.

Jmk89

That's beyond my pay grade, Bill, but George (the grand poobah) should be along soon and will fix you up, I'm sure.
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

Spiros

Quote from: billdennis747 on Oct 02, 2026, 08:38 AM
Quote from: Jmk89 on Oct 02, 2026, 01:42 AMThat sounds like you haven't been able to download it from the Plans Gallery. Which suggests to me that you haven't logged in to the Plans Gallery and just have read-only access to it.

Yes that's it. It seems to have jumped out. Now it isn't accepting my details and I can't check my username.

The registration process for the plans gallery is different than the one from HPa. Means you need to register there as well.