News:

Hip Pocket Aeronautics Plans Gallery up again:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/index.php

Main Menu
Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 354
  • Latest: franzj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,142
  • Total Topics: 436
  • Online today: 56
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online

Recent topics

Walt Mooney

Started by marcin_pl, Sep 25, 2026, 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnOSullivan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

marcin_pl

Hi,

I like to wander around plans on Outerzone. Today a thought crossed my mind: is there any plane around the world and in history which has not been drawn as a model by Walt Mooney ;-)
Marcin

Stunthenk

Eh, Koolhoven FK.43 and Fokker F.VIIa?

lincoln

Spirit SE-1.   
It's too bad he wasn't actually around for it. Someone should draw a plan. Especially for people who don't like modern civil aircraft. ;-) For them, at least for those who like biplanes, there is also the Flitzer.
Sadly, I don't think there's a Mooney plan for that one, either.

The Caproni Ca-60 has been modeled, but, to my knowledge, not by Walt.

I have a vague memory of a plan for rubber. I doubt it was serious.
--------
Incidentally, another prolific designer of peanut scale models was Emmanuel Fillon.
https://www.peanut-scale.fr/plans.html
https://outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=designerID:105

lincoln

#3

g_kandylakis

Quote from: lincoln on Sep 29, 2026, 11:02 PMThe Caproni Ca-60 has been modeled, but, to my knowledge, not by Walt.

I have a vague memory of a plan for rubber. I doubt it was serious.

Oh, it was serious all right  ;D ... As a peanut by Carlo Godel who used the "Velivoli" name for his "company", in 1980.

On the plan he wrote the model did manage to fly for 10 seconds... quite an achievement given the configuration... And the fact that the original (the big one) only flew for 6 seconds.

I got my copy from Carlo in the late 80s. Scanned and added it to the Plans Gallery

https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/details.php?image_id=2203

lincoln

I don't think that's the plan I saw, but I could be wrong. Somewhere around here, I have a newsletter with a ridiculous plan in it. It might even be for the Ca.60. The newsletter editor said that the first person to break a minute would get his Camaro.