Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,184
  • Total Topics: 438
  • Online today: 44
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online

Recent topics

1960s Coupe d’hiver postal comp

Started by Jmk89, Dec 28, 2025, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvasec, Jmk89 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jmk89

Took Tyra out to set her up for contest flights in the next week or two.  A couple of test glides - looks good, gentle 'bouncy' glide and gentle right turn. 
Walk up and look at her before picking her up - the tail has come off in the landing?!

Damn

Double damn

The tail band has pulled the band/d/t hook out.  No chance of fixing it then and there - no pins or wire.  So no motor run today.

Hopefully, I'll get time to epoxy a new hook on (with some gauze fabric to strengthen the join) and do some trimming later this week.
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

G GRELL

Hi All
The southern hemisphere is now down to 6 days to put in flights. I have received scores from 9 flyers so far.
Glenn

Jmk89

Well, I finally got Tyra ready to trim and I thought that I might trim her and be able to enter the comp today.  But it has been a very wet day, and, believe it or not I have to do paying legal work this week! So I will have to hope that the event is run again next year!
All the best
Jeremy

Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown

G GRELL

Well the coupe postal is over for this year thank you to all that put in flights Here are the names of the people that sent in scores
Leigh Morgan
Vin Morgan
Sean O'Conner
Mike Thomas
Tim Hayward-Brown
Dave Putterill
Wayne Lightfoot
Gram Lovejoy
Mark Sexton
Ted Vernon
Bruce Hannah
Glenn Grell
I will post the scores the first of next week to give time for any score that has not been sent if you know of any please Let then know
Thanks again
Glenn

billdennis747

Looks a good entry. I missed out this year for the first time but will be back for the next one. I look forward to seeing the geographic distribution but it seems mostly Antipodes and US

G GRELL

Hi All
Let me thank everyone that took part in the postal this year. There was no max outs this year and from the emails I received there was some tuff flying conditions with fly always and looking in tall grass for hours and at least one fence involved. We also have a tie for 2nd place so I will have a second award made so everyone will get what they have earned. It was also great to see some new names in the mix and sorry that some of the usual flyers were not able to fly this year. So here are the results

Glenn Grell. Batutick  USA 120 120 112 102 120. 574

Wayne        Loque
Lightfoot.   Bis.      NZ. 120 120 81. 120 120. 561

Bruce.       My.       USA 91. 120 120 110 120. 561
Hannah.      Coupe

Leigh.       Deuzio.   AUS 120 120 120 120 77.  557
Morgan

Ted.         My.       USA 80  120 120 90. 120. 530
Vernon.      Coupe

Sean.     Baron Hunter.AUS 120 106 120  88 57.  491
O'Conner.    DDIII
 
Vin         Raulin.    AUS.114 120 120. 90 23.  467
Morgan.     Coupe

Mark.       Fuit 3.    USA. 67 105 120 106 0.   398
Sexton

Mike        Deuzio.    AUS. 120 44 116. 0. 0.   280
Thomas

Tim.        Coffee.    AUS. 120 120. 0. 0. 0.   240
Hayward-Brown

Gram        Nikolina   NZ.  120. 87.  0. 0. 0.  207
Lovejoy

Dave.        Dorbec.   AUS.  59. 0.  0.  0. 0.   59
Putterill

Hope there is no mistakes but if there is please point them out. This year we will be giving out medallions for something different. I will post a picture of them if I can figure out how to do it. Would Wayne Lightfoot and Leigh Morgan send me your mailing address and I will get them on their way. Thanks again to all you took time to fly let's keep this going.
Glenn Grell

THB

Congrats Glenn, Wayne, Bruce & Leigh! And thanks Glenn for coordinating.

The South Australia contingent (myself, Mike Thomas and Dave Putterill) were a bit slow off the mark due to me not having a model built. Gentlemen as they are, they waited for me to be ready, and consequently we started running out of days! Some trimming done, I picked a day to fly at our larger flying field which turned into a comedy of errors (my errors) - the forecast had changed and Dave and I arrived in the wind and rain, and I couldn't even get the gate open... We did eventually get in, but conditions were poor. Also the field is long and narrow, which is ok because the prevailing wind is down the long axis. However, on this day it was blowing across the narrow bit and toward a horse paddock where the owner is not a fan of aeromodelling and once you are over his fence it's basically game over...

Another day was chosen (by someone else!) and this was much better - though the light wind was blowing the other way across the narrow bit and into some deep crops.

I'm sure the others can add some detail about their own flights, but mine started well with an easy max. Then second flight went into a strong thermal and was still going up even after the DT had deployed. I lost it in the blue - walked for quite a while to look for it - found an Echidna (pic below) but my off-white and brown model seemed difficult to spot in the general colour scheme of the landscape. It was not found, so 120 + 120 OOS. So be it. I guess I have to build another.
Tim

THB

My 'Coffee' well camouflaged in the very long grass...