Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,228
  • Total Topics: 440
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online

Recent topics

Trinity indoor flying meetings

Started by TheLurker, Dec 24, 2025, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PH and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Spiros

Is there any video coming up?

TheLurker

Patience Grasshopper, patience. :)

Aye, there is, but only half a dozen or so flights and Chris has the film from yesterday's OMFC meet to process first.
Ένας χωρίς μια ιδέα ή, αν προτιμάτε, clueless  :)

g_kandylakis

Quote from: Spiros on Sep 13, 2026, 12:34 PMI really love your meetings!!! Maybe, one day, maybe!! we could join for a session

April Spiro, April...

Squirrelnet

Lurks film has now been developed and printed


dputt7

Most enjoyable report as usual. Thanks to all that contributed.

Piecost

Thanks for the video fellas, it is much appreciated.

Squirrelnet

Second Saturday of month so it must be Trinity  ;D

I haven't been for a few months so great to catch with some old friends, particularly Dave Monk and his new fleet of models.

October was the Keil Kraftlet - mini-vintage cabin comp run by Andy Blackburn (of this Parish ) as Lurk had done a runner this month...

Congratulations to Richard Preston 3rd with his Ace ( I think) Pete Brown 2nd with his Senator and Steve Haines first with his Senator ..... ok I'm not 100% who's is who's but I do have some pics

Steve won the Concours d'elegance as well

The line up - Richard preston's Ace on the end

 Steve Haines' Senator (I think)

Pete Brown's Senator (I think)


Squirrelnet

Ok these I'm not sure whos is whos at all

Squirrelnet

Great to see Steve Middleton with a Ali-Express indoor special. It flew very well, so much so Steve is thinking about a more serious model

Pete Brown with his Piper Cub

GM's models for the day

Squirrelnet

GM's other model

A few from Nick Peppiatt

Chinese foamy RC model goes very well

Sorta-Senator Bostonian

Squirrelnet

This was going well too a Hummingbird foamy kit

Dave Monk had a RC Foamy too ... love the shot of dave Dodging his own model !!!

Squirrelnet

#221
My own day was trying my 'Small Smeed' foamy in a big hall. These are an OMFC winter foamy build challenge for 2026/27. Peanut sized recreations of any Vic Smeed design . There are 3 designs on the OMFC website a Tiny Tomboy, Mini Madcap and Cute Courtesan all drawn by John Whatmore

The Tomboy I had been flying at Begbroke village hall which has a low 12" ceiling on 0.065" (1/16")  rubber was let loose in the sports hall with .075" which saw it ROG to the ceiling. Dave Monk had built the Madcap which was giving similar performance on 2 loops of .040"

more details on the OxfordMFC website - https://oxfordmfc.bmfa.club/2026-winter-build-challenge-small-smeeds/

Squirrelnet

I had the printed Tissue SE5a out as well but too long in the box and it had lost it's trim .... why do they do that  ::)

Retrimming it turned into the wall and ...er pic 2  what propeller  :o

Telco powered Mini Coquette was terrorising the hall as usual ..

OK I didn't take enough pics but there is some video which I'll sort out shortly ..