News:

Hip Pocket Aeronautics Plans Gallery up again:
https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/plans/index.php

Main Menu
Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,184
  • Total Topics: 438
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28

Recent topics

Sopwith Triplane

Started by pb_guy, Aug 16, 2026, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pb_guy

Some more pics.
ian

Piecost


ZIP.58

Great model—congratulations!

Peter

Spiros


dputt7

Very well done, hope it Flys as good as it looks.

pb_guy

#35
  Thank you for your interest. I want to do a bit more, including making a flying prop before it takes to the air (I hope), but I don't get it back until Sunday afternoon.
  They did the judging on the models yesterday. I took a picture of mine when I was dropping off my other entries (marmalade, gluten-free shortbread and fruit/nut bars). There were very few entries in my category. The one outstanding modeller who used to take first place with each of his entries is no longer with us. I have also included a picture of one of his past works at the fair.

MKelly


OZPAF

Well done Ian - it looks great.

John

pb_guy

Thank you guys. I really like the look of the finished model. I carved a prop for it - 5 1/4" diameter. The plan called for 4 1/2" diameter, but I didn't think it was sufficient for something over 15 grams. I put a latch on the prop, but I don't really like it that much. I am not sure that it will release easily. It has not flown yet, other than some nice glides. It is rainy here now, so, without an indoor venue, it will have to wait for a while. The final weight with prop and one loop of 1/8" rubber is 18.8 grams.

ian