Welcome to HPA. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 357
  • Latest: ChrisH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6,217
  • Total Topics: 439
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 327 (Aug 12, 2026, 05:28 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 25
  • Total: 25

Recent topics

Remember this? Avro F monoplane

Started by g_kandylakis, Sep 07, 2026, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ZIP.58

Jorgos, I'm familiar with your models and your attention to detail. I'm simply speechless.

Best regards,
Peter

Piecost


lincoln

Magnificent engine, but I think you had better check the tappet clearances on #3.

g_kandylakis

I am really amazed at how you can tell from so far away. And you always seem to focus on the third cylinder...  ;D  ;D  ;D

https://hpa.aeromodelling.gr/index.php?topic=13.msg1873#msg1873

g_kandylakis

#19
Rather slow progress, but progress nevertheless...

The masking for the wooden frame took well over three days. With breaks because it is quite a boring and terrible task. No pioneer aircraft for some time for me please.

Did not take many pictures just two of the fuselage almost masked and the result afterwards. That purpple stuff is Humbrol Mascol, a stuff I hated when I first used it but now thoroughly use and recommend.

Lighting conditions do not help to see the difference and I could/should have sprayed the darker shade a bit more. Not going to mask again and redo. What is done is done.

Also regretted gluing the covering to the uprights and crosspieces in some places. Does not look that good... I thought it would be more natural not to have it pefectly taught. Wrong...

Next is masking for the Avro lettering on the fuselage sides and the wing bottom surfaces.